This award bears the name of Alan Curry, an outstanding forensic toxicologist from the United Kingdom and one of the founding members of TIAFT. It is the most prestigious award of The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists.
Robert Wenning (past TIAFT President) testifies: “Alan Curry was one of the most outstanding forensic toxicologists I have ever known. By his own and his co-workers’ scientific publications, the UK contributions to the development of toxicology were of paramount worldwide importance. The article "Chemistry and Crime" in Chemistry in Britain 1969 by AS Curry was at the origin of my personal decision to become a forensic toxicologist. A decision that I never regretted.”
If you wish to know more about Alan Curry's life and legend, you can download this document: Alan Curry, the scientist, the leader, the communicator.
- Eligible Persons
- TIAFT members who have a long history of distinguished contributions to the field of forensic toxicology and to the TIAFT organization.
A call for nominations is published in the TIAFT Bulletin and the different online platforms of TIAFT, generally in the spring, 5 to 6 months prior to the TIAFT Annual Meeting.
Submissions must be received no less than two months before the annual meeting.
- Evaluation criteria
- Importance of contribution to analytical and forensic toxicology; publication record; and contributions to the TIAFT organization are considered. Complete details may be found in the Alan Curry Award Handbook
The Alan Curry Award recipient is announced at the end of the TIAFT Annual Meeting.
The award consists of a memento engraved with the name of the award and the awardee's name and a diploma, as well as promotion to a TIAFT Honorary Member.
- Award Committee
- The Executive Board evaluates the submissions and decides on the awardee.
- 2023 - Ilkka A. Ojanperä, Finland
- 2022 - Heesun Chung, South Korea
- 2021 - Barry Logan, USA
- 2019 - Robert Flanagan, UK
- 2018 - Alain Verstraete, Belgium
- 2017 - Bryan Finkle, USA
- 2016 - Olaf Drummer, Australia
- 2015 - Pascal Kintz, France
- 2014 - Willy Lambert, Belgium
- 2013 - Anthony Moffatt, UK
- 2012 - Erkki Vuori, Finland
- 2011 - Wayne Jones, Sweden
- 2010 - Marilyn Huestis, USA
- 2009 - Vina Spiehler, USA
- 2008 - Osamu Suzuki, Japan
- 2007 - Fritz Pragst, Germany
- 2006 - Ed Cone, USA
- 2005 - Robert Wennig, Luxembourg
- 2004 - Klaus Müller, Germany
- 2003 - Hans Maurer, Germany
- 2002 - Brian Widdop, UK
- 2000 - Gottfried Machata, Austria
- 1999 - Manfred Möller, Germany
- 1997 - Rokus A. de Zeeuw, The Netherlands
- 1995 - Irving Sunshine, USA
- 1994 - Takeaki Nagata, Japan
- 1993 - Neville Dunnett, UK