An exciting social program has been arranged to ensure you can maximise the opportunity to network with colleagues, as well as relaxing and enjoying yourself in some local places of interest.
- Welcome Reception - Sunday 16th November
Situated next to beautiful Fitzroy Gardens, this opening reception at the Hilton on the Park will welcome our international and local guests. It is open to all delegates and their accompanying partners. The cost of this event is included in the full registration fee.
- Werribee Mansion BBQ and Open Range Zoo Visit
Tuesday 18th November
After the first full day of the Congress, delegates and their accompanying partners will have the opportunity to visit The Mansion at Werribee Park, an attraction recognised as a significant part of Australian history. The Mansion is an outstanding legacy of Australia's pastoral industry and life in the 1880's. This 140ha estate will captivate you with it’s magnificent buildings, history, stately gardens, Victoria State Rose Garden, restored working 19th century farm and the natural Australian bushland. Visitors will have the opportunity to relax and enjoy a typical Australian BBQ, sampling the quintessential national cuisine, barbecued meat and seafood, with salads, washed down with an ice cold beer or local wine.
- Victoria's Open Range Zoo is a 200 hectare open range zoo where animals live in conditions like they encounter in their natural habitats and developed around the beautiful and picturesque Werribee River. Visitors undertake a 50 minute guided Wildlife Safari, which takes them amongst the animals and provides superb opportunities for "close up" animal encounters.
- Buses will be available to transport guests to and from Werribee, a trip of about 30 minutes. The cost of this event is included in the full registration fee.
- Congress Dinner - Thursday 20th November
In keeping with TIAFT tradition, conference participants and accompanying persons will be able to enjoy an unforgettable experience dining in the Palladium at the Crown Entertainment Complex (www.crowncasino.com.au). This will be a vibrant night filled with great food, excitement, glamour and sophistication. The cost of this event is included in the full registration fee.
Night Time at Crown
- ACCOMPANYING PERSONS PROGRAM
During the Congress, accompanying partners will be well looked after. The following events are included in the accompanying persons registration fee:
- Welcome Reception
- Werribee Mansion BBQ and Open Range Zoo visit
- Congress Dinner
- Lunches at the Hilton on the Park during the Congress
- Melbourne City Sites tour operated by Link Tours on Monday 17th November. This will be an opportunity to discover why Melbourne is known for its old world charm, beautiful gardens and its historic Victorian buildings. A visit to the colourful Queen Victoria Market, Parliament House, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Melbourne Cricket Ground, the National Tennis Centre and Shrine of Remembrance is included before stopping at the beautiful Royal Botanical Gardens for lunch. The tour will continue after lunch through quant inner city suburbs before finishing at the Rialto Towers where panoramic views of Melbourne can be taken in.